8 January 2010

I can't? Then what's the point of being Edith Piaf?

"You're an immense artist"
"I'm wearing high heels".


Americans wants beauties, not me. I'm not the Parisian bomb shell they expected. Can you see me as a chorus girl? Where's my feather up the ass? They think I'm sad, they're dumb. I don't connect to them.







One of the best christmas presents I received was a free two month trial of Love Film. As we don't want a telly we get through lots of films. Plus, we all lived together in first year, so have pretty much exhausted each others collections. I watched La Vie En Rose the night I came back to London. I know everyone has something to say about Marion Cotillard at the moment but she was so brilliant in this, I didn't even know it was her. Her portrayal of Piaf, from an unflappable street hustler to a hunched, decrepid old lady at just 46 is untouchable. The New Years Eve scene is one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment