26 February 2010

Welcome to Senate House


photo by Ronald Hackston, on flickr.com
This library is where Hitler intended to house the Nazi offices upon invading England. It is where Orwell based his Ministry of Truth and Office 101 actually inspired Room 101.
Today I spent seven hours here, after which I felt my soul getting sucked into the Ghostbuster tastic stonework, and had to get outta there. This place makes Goldsmiths Library feel as cosy as a Hogwarts common room. The American Studies dept. now has its own study rooms which look and feel much like prison scenes from the Baader-Meinhof Complex, so at least that's some wardrobe possibilities I can work with.
P.S. Facebook Cold Turkey is going well. I feel like a whole person again instead of a multifaceted status update.

No comments:

Post a Comment