1 March 2011

Shoreditch Literary Salon II


The only photo I managed to bag of the night... concentration boosting chocolate cornflake cakes and ever complimentry G&Ts.

Sarah Brown (yes that Brown) might have been holding a book launch upstairs, but the fourth floor of Shoreditch House was certainly the place to be this evening. Damian Barr hosted another wonderful night with readings from Gary Shteyngart, Sam Leith and Helen Fielding.

Having spent an entire adolescene in terror of becoming Bridget Jones, it was with some trepidation that I attended the Salon this month. But Fielding was as brilliant as ever and read from a draft of her third Bridget Jones installment. Thankfully under Charterhouse rules I'm bound not to discuss what this entails. Which meant I could sit back with my dear salon companion Alice and enjoy the evening instead of worrying about how to blog about something I can't quote or take photos of. A happy dilemma indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment